The secret that employers won't tell you.
By Cate Schreck - Service Excellence Coach
Did you know, employers now seek to hire and keep people with high level soft skills? What does this mean for you? It means employers across all industries, are spending lots of time (and lots of money) searching for staff with superior customer service skills. They can no longer afford to hire and keep staff who don't have excellent customer service skills. They know that the customer service skills of their employees are what will grow their business. They know that customers will no longer accept poor service. They can easily source and identify if a candidate has the required hard (technical) skills of a role but it's much more difficult to identify, let alone train staff to improve their soft skills (people skills).
For you it means that just completing your job tasks is not enough. You need to be able to get the job done AND provide high quality service to your customers AND your co-workers all day, every day.
Businesses need Customer Service Professionals.
If you want to keep your job, get a new job, get a promotion or simply spend less time handling complaints and more time listening to compliments, then here's 7 reasons why you should be focusing on what it takes to become and remain a Customer Service Superstar;
Customer Service Professionals ...
- Have amazing communication skills - useful at work and home
- Are confident and know what to do in worst case customer scenarios ie: threats, abuse or violence
- Are regularly complimented by customers - lots of customers
- Handle customer complaints with ease - they have a simple 4 step process
- Are respected and trusted by their employers - Managers want to keep them and keep them happy
- Find sales easy - they don't have to "sell" because their people skills win customers over
- Have less stress both at work and in their private lives - they understand and use emotional intelligence
So if you're sick of feeling like you have a sign on your head that says "complaints department", or you're over being hassled by the boss to sell more, smile more or do better, then get along to Customer Service Boot Camp.
If you believe you're a Customer Service Professionals already, then you know that ongoing training is a must. Just like elite athletes, Customer Service Professionals never stop training. Why be ordinary when you can be extraordinary?
For more tips and insights into what it takes to be a Customer Service Professional - LIKE our Facebook Page.